People who have a recognized foreign educational qualification, but which does not correspond to the Swiss educational qualification (e.g. federal Matura) can study at many Swiss universities or technical colleges, provided they are admitted to the ECUS examination and pass it.
This Examprep course prepares you for the ECUS exam in Zurich. It is available as:
- On-site course (incl. access to the online learning platform)
- Distance course (incl. access to the online learning platform)
- Private lessons
- Blended Learning (individual combination of the on-sight course, distance course and/or private lessons)
- German: At the beginning of the annual course, students should have a German level B2 or higher
- English B2 level
- Recognized foreign qualification for the ECUS examination
Information about the exam
The ECUS exam (Éxamen Complémentaire des Hautes Écoles Suisses) is a supplementary exam and is used for admission to some Swiss universities, universities of applied sciences and universities of teacher education. You can find general information about the exam on the ECUS website and from the “Swiss Universities” organization. Each university has its own criteria regarding admission to exams. For information on admission and registration for the ECUS exam, please contact your preferred university directly and via this link.
We also offer support on site during the exam.
On-site course structure
The following table provides an overview of the number of lessons as preparation for the ECUS exam. The subjects can all be booked modularly.
|Subjects||Annual course 2022/2023
(29.08.2022 – 05.08.2023)
|Number of lessons per week||total|
|Mathematics||until 24.12.22, 5 lessons / week||320|
|Introduction law*||Block courses||ca. 12|
|Electives (choose one)|
|Physics||until 24.12.22, 6 lessons / week||288|
|Economics*||Block courses||ca. 23|
|Total||ca. 24||666 – 857|
|German** (C1 for non natives)||7||245|
* With four or fewer participants in English, history & introducing law, geography and economics we reserve the right to reduce the number of lessons.
** Until 30.06.2023
You can take the German exam at the same time as the ECUS exam in August. However, we recommend that you take the C1 German exam at an earlier date so that you have enough time and resources to master the other subjects in German at mother tongue level
We are happy to advise you
You will receive detailed information about our current courses and immediate access to the demo version of our learning portal. If you would like a school visit or a telephone consultation, let us know in the comments box.